The Nera Evolution Series is the common platform
microwave radio system that scales effortlessly with your
Evolution Series LONG HAUL
Introducing the most recent member of the Evolution Series:
Evolution LONG HAUL. A versatile and effective microwave
radio solution for long haul telecommunication networks.
Connecting the last mile with the transport network. The
Evolution Series METRO MultiService provisioning SDH/SONET
platform, effectively transport any service in your access
Delivers advanced high density PDH/Ethernet access networks.
The XPAND version of the Evolution Series offers flexibility
and scalability with simple upgrades.
The Evolution Series microwave radio system is based on: the indoor interface unit (IFU) and the outdoor radio unit (ODU).
- The IFU is highly modular, with all interfaces plug-in
from the front. The interface modules are generic and can be
used in all applicable system configurations. The result is
truly seamless network integration.
The new comprehensive family of compact SDH long-haul radio Nera InterLink is the new generation of SDH radio-relay transmission equipment in the 4 to 11 GHz frequency bands. The InterLink family is ideally suited for long distance high capacity communication solutions. The new Nera InterLink provides more compelling reasons than ever to choose microwave radio for trunk networking environments. Naturally, it offers the outstanding generic benefits of microwave radio networks. It is considerably faster to plan and install compared to fibre optic cable. Overall, the Nera InterLink enables an uncompelled network rollout speed. Incorporating the latest generation electronics the Nera InterLink is also an inherently reliable solution.
Today's society depends more and more on telecommunications and microwave radio offers secure and reliable solutions. Radio networks do not suffer from the long periods of outage that can be experienced when a fibre optic cable is cut. The Nera InterLink is therefore often chosen to protect mission critical communication services. Furthermore, it is a highly versatile modular system covering multiple applications, as well as being easily reconfigured and upgraded.
Features- Optimum bandwidth through software controlled coded modulation - 64/128 TCM.
- Compact modular concept for ETSI 600mm racks with up to 8 TRX per rack
- Plug-in STM-1/OC-3 interface; optical SM, optical MM, electrical G.703
- Single or double terminal configuration
- 1+0 to 8+0 unprotected, 1+1 to 7+1 protected configurations
- Space diversity and ATPC option in all frequencies
- Co-channel operation with world-leading XPIC
- Adjacent Channel Co Polarization operation in all frequency
- Advanced looping facilities and in service test bit error tester
- Low power consumption
Element Management- Extensive fault, configuration, performance and security management features
- Standardized use of the ECC according to ITU-T Rec. G.784
- Standardized management: - Embedded SNMP agent
- Interface for local and sub-network management:
- LCT interface: RS-232,
- Ethernet interface : 10BaseT
- Network interface (NI): RS-485
- Built-in OSPF IP routing - Ethernet <> DCC channel
- Nera NMS/LCT for configuration and radio network management.
- Standard PC running Windows
The solution for cost-effective deployment of low and medium capacity transmission networking. The CompactLink is fully a featured, microwave radio system for the global telecommunications market. The CompactLink operates in the frequency band 7/8, 11, 13, 15, 18, 23 and 38 GHz, and with data rates of 4, 8, 16 E1. ANSI versions operate with data rates of 4, 8, 16 DS1. It is designed for transmission of voice, data and video traffic. Standardized data rates (E1/T1) and frequency bands are controlled by international organizations (FCC, ITU-R, ITU-T, ETSI). The IDU is frequency independent and fits into an ETSI rack or a 19" rack. Alternatively, it can be used as a stand-alone unit. Both ETSI and ANSI transmission capacity requirements are supported.
- ETSI: 4E1, 8E1 and 16E1.
In a unprotected 1+0 and protected 1+1 HSB configuration, only 1RU IDU is required. The Nera CompactLink ODU integrates transceiver and branching in one unit. For the HSB configuration, an outdoor RF hybrid is included to combine the two ODUs. The Nera CompactLink ODU is capacity independent, frequency synthesized and has adjustable T/R spacing. For unprotected configurations, the IDU and ODU are connected with a single coaxial cable (maximum 300 m). In the HSB configuration, the IDU and ODUs are connected via two separate coaxial cables. With the built-in SNMP agent, the Nera CompactLink - PDH Microwave Radio is capable of functioning as a Network Element (NE) in a managed transmission network. Management and supervision of the Nera CompactLink can be performed in various ways, from simple alarm monitoring to standardized management via SNMP. For network management and operation, the Nera Element vieW - Network Management System (NEW NMS) can be delivered. An integrated antenna/mount solution can be delivered with antennas having diameters of 0.3 m, 0.6 m or 1.2 m. When system performance requires higher antenna gain, independently mounted, larger antennas can be used.
- Independent Indoor Unit (IDU) and Outdoor Unit (ODU)
Nera NetMaster is an advanced software tool for network
management, being tailored to the Nera microwave radio
systems. It is the preferred management solution for all
Nera network owners. For existing (NEW-NMS) users, it
represents a simple upgrade.
NEW-NMS The Nera Element Network Management System
NEW-NMS client/server solution delivers full NMS functionality to desktops throughout the enterprise. A comprehensive GUI presents the network in the simplest possible manner, and intuitive drill-down into detailed views of the equipment. The database system is compatible with the MS SQL Server and Oracle and facilitates fast and concise event analysis. Multiple access is possible through the Client/Server which supports up to 10 consecutive users. An integrated SNMP agent or CORBA TMG G7 interface provides an interface to higher level management system, OSS.
Features- Simplify radio network operation and maintenance
- Full range management, Configuration, Fault, Performance, Security
- Client / server solution for enterprise wide access.
- Mediation device (CORBA, SNMP, Internet) for higher level management systems.
- Supports multi-vendor RDBMS (relational database management systems).
- Fault and Performance Report Generator
- Graphical user interface
- Plug & play with network auto-discovery
- Continuously updated display of network status
- Data from various network elements displayed simultaneously
- Extensive database and help facilities